The first city in our 2018 Cancer Research Institute Immunotherapy Patient Summit series is San Francisco on June 30, 2018.
The Summit is a free half-day Saturday event that provides a forum for patients, caregivers, and advocates to meet together along with scientific and healthcare experts to learn more about how new breakthroughs in immunotherapy are changing standards of care for all cancers.
The program will be held on Saturday, June 30, begin at 10:00am, and conclude at 3:30pm. Throughout the day we offer appointments with clinical trial navigators (free and confidential). Set up an appointment in advance when you register online.
- 9:00am: Registration and networking
- 10:00am: Welcome and introduction from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 10:15am: Learn the basics of immunotherapy with Lewis Lanier, Ph.D. (UCSF)
- 10:45am: Latest immunotherapy research update panel discussion moderated by Lewis Lanier, Ph.D. (UCSF) with David Miklos, M.D., Ph.D. (Stanford); Kara Davis, D.O. (Stanford); Adil Daud, M.D. (UCSF); Terence Friedlander, M.D. (UCSF)
- 11:30am: Patient perspective talk by a patient treated with immunotherapy
- 12:00pm: Free catered lunch and networking
- 1:00pm: Demystifying clinical trials presentation by Cancer Research Institute staff
- 1:15pm: Demystifying clinical trials panel discussion with patients treated in clinical trials
- 2:00pm: Refreshment break
- 2:15pm: Breakout sessions for small groups of moderated discussion
- bladder cancer with David Miklos, M.D., Ph.D. (Stanford)
- pediatric oncology (focus on lymphoma) with Kara Davis, D.O. (Stanford)
- melanoma with Adil Daud, M.D. (UCSF)
- immunotherapy (general) with Lewis Lanier, Ph.D. (UCSF)
- 3:15pm: Closing remarks from Cancer Research Institute staff
- 4:00pm: Final clinical trial navigator appointments end
Follow our Patient Summit series across the United States with the hashtag #CRISummit.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.